Monday 3 September 2018

♡Nami Airando- Japanese Festival in Wroclaw♡


Hello! ♡
On Saturday, a Japanese festival called Nami Airando took place in Wrocław. It sounded very interesting as it wasn't an anime convention, but an event more focused on traditional culture.
I had a lot of fun! In this post I'll show you what I saw and did ~


imageimageimage

When I arrived, a lovely koto performance was going on image I managed to record part of it. The koto is such a stunning instrument, it's complicated and makes such a serene sound ^^


image image image

In the time between the koto performance and the start of the tea ceremony, I wandered around and explored the various tents. The set-up was much like a Japanese summer matsuri ^^ The bonsai tent caught my attention  image








image image image

There were also tents with food, though I wasn't feeling particularly hungry so I just got some hot green tea. There were the stalls of some Japanese restaurants located in Wrocław- I'll definitely visit them one day ^^ I saw ramen, sushi, takoyaki.... yum image

image image image

Then, there was a tea ceremony demonstration by some lovely ladies from the Urasenke school. Tea ceremony is one of the Japanese arts I practice, though only the most basic form- Obon Temae, as the equipment for the other types is too big and heavy ^^' It was my first time seeing a live tea ceremony and I really enjoyed it!













image image image

I thought about getting a small souvenir, but the one stall that might have had them was constantly crowded, and when I did get a look I didn't really see anything I liked ^^' So I decided to go to the tea tent where the Urasenke ladies were selling matcha tea with a wagashi sweet. I thought it'd be best to communicate in Japanese, but I kinda freaked out and forgot all the Japanese I knew >< I did manage to say something in the end, haha. So those 2 years of studying didn't go to waste ^^'

Camera didn't focus ^^

A beautiful tea bowl (chawan)- here we can see plum blossoms
image image image

I also saw stalls with games and origami, though I didn't try any ^^ There were also martial arts stalls. Here's how the festival area looked image 


Before I left, I saw part of a shamisen concert...


And I asked the koto player for a photo! I managed to redeem myself, we communicated in Japanese, this time I didn't embarrass myself c: 


image image image

To embrace the summer matsuri feel of the event, I wore my cherry blossom and hydrangea yukata  image Yukata season is coming to an end and the weather wasn't very summery, but ah well ^^ 


I tied my obi in my favourite chouchou musubi, though it loosened a bit by the time I took the photo :P


My full outfit- I'm carrying my kinchaku bag with cherry blossom embroidery. I decided to finish the ensemble with purple lolita shoes, for a touch of cute image


And... sakura kanzashi for a finishing touch ~ 



image image image

The festival seems like a recurring event, so I look forward to next year's one! ~
Have you ever been to a Japanese event? If not, do you want to go? Let me know in the comments, and...


Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>