Wednesday 22 August 2018

♡K-Pop Idol Make-Up♡

Hello! ♡
I first fell in love with K-Pop when I heard 2NE1's "I am the best"- discovered by chance. And it kinda went from there... ^^ Then my drama obsession was born...But, it's hard not to fall in love with K-Pop! It's upbeat, catchy, and... the idols just look soooo perfect.
K-Pop idols have a lot in common that give them that...uh...look. After replicating their make-up techniques, I came up with this look so you too can look *almost* like your favourite idols. (I have used the word look way too many times, oops ><)
Ready? Let's go!




image

Base- BB cream
For the base, I use BB cream rather than foundation. It's lighter, gives a dewy finish and almost always has SPF. Plus, it comes from Korea!
The cream I'm using here is the discontinued Boots Botanics Radiant Youth BB Cream, which has SPF 30.
My base make-up technique is applying the product in little dots on my face and then gently blending it with my fingers by tapping.
 
image







Concealer
BB cream alone won't cover things like spots and dark circles. Using Essence's camouflage concealer, I apply it in a triangle shape under my eyes and on any spots and blend it out with my ring finger (it's the weakest finger, making it best for blending). I then apply the same concealer on my eyelids to act as a base for my eye make-up and to brighten up my eyelids (especially important for me, as I have deep-set eyes ><).

image





Finishing Touches
First, set your base with a translucent powder. I am using Lovely's White Chocolate Rice Powder. Next, to create a dewy effect, apply highlighter on your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead. Of course, don't overdo it! Just use enough to create a fresh and dewy look. I use the Wibo star glow highlighter.
Use a contour shade a few shades darker than your skin and draw two lines along your nose, then blend well to make your nose seem narrower.
Finally, apply a peachy or pink blush lightly on your cheeks, creating a subtle flushed effect.

image










Eyeshadow
Nude and peachy tones are most often used in the make-up of K-Pop idols. So, for this, I will use my trusty I Heart Make-Up Chocolate and Peaches palette, which has brown and peach tones. Starting with the inner eyelid, I will apply a slightly peachy highlight shade ("Sweet")

image




Next, I will use a matte light brown ("Fine") and cover the middle of my eyelid.


Using this lovely, vibrant peachy tone ("Peach"), I will colour my outer eyelid and make sure to blend outwards well.




Eyeliner
Use a black eyeliner and draw a thin line that follows the shape of your eye. Instead of winging it upwards, wing it downwards- a look from Korea that is worn by idols very very often.

image



Aegyo-sal

Aegyo-sal is a look from Korea. It highlights the little pouches of fat you can see under your eyes if you squint or smile. It makes the eyes look cuter and more youthful ^^ To create this look, get a highlighter shade (I use the Catrice eye highlighter stick in the shade Eye Like!) and squint, then draw along your natural aegyo sal. Highlight your inner corners too. Get a matte brown shade, and outline the highlight, then blend.

image







Lashes and brows

Use a mascara or falsies to enhance your lashes and finish off and frame the eye make-up.

image


In Korea, straight and soft eyebrows are popular. Keep that in mind when you fill them in.



Lips

In Korea, gradient lips are very popular. To create this look, start by using a concealer to soften the colour of your lips.

image


Then, get a lipstick  choice- for this look, a hot pink colour looks best. I am using the TonyMoly Panda's Dream lip crayon in the shade "Pink Lady". Colour in the middle of your lips, then smudge it out.




Add some more lipstick on the middle of your lips and blend outwards slightly. Finish with a clear lip gloss.



You're done! If you try this look, post a photo on Instagram and tag me (@_milkyrose_), I'd love to see!

image







Do you listen to KPop? What are your favourite songs, idols, groups? Let me know in the comments, and...
Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>