Friday 11 August 2017

♡Porcelain Doll Make-Up♡

Hello! ♡
Before I start- I am going to Italy on Sunday and will be there for a week, so I won't be able to post next week ^^ I'll post lots of pictures on my Instagram though ~ 

Ahh, this is my first make-up tutorial, so I'm kinda nervous >< But, the sooner I get out of my comfort zone, the better, right? Now, I love porcelain dolls. They're cute, pretty and perfect. So, why not use make-up to look like one of them?


My inspiration for this look was this doll (clickie) who I fell in love with back in 2015 after coming across her on Google Images. I stuck her on my Japanese exercise book, and one of my classmates told me "that looks like you!", which made me want to do make-up inspired by her. I always wanted to write this make-up tutorial so I'm really glad I finally can ^^~ Without any more of my rambling, let's just get to it ;D


barrinhasparablogbrushesphotoscapebuttonsBackgroundsblogtumblrbrushephotoscape20110719-div26

image image



~Circle Lenses~
Before you do anything, insert circle lenses. This step is optional, but circle lenses make your eyes look much larger and more doll-like. Go for lenses that have a thick limbal ring. I am wearing Vassen Cloud Nine lenses in blue, they have a diameter of 14.5mm.



~Prep~
If you have one, clip your fringe out of the way. Prepare your skin by moisturising it (I use Nivea Soft) which will make it easier on your skin as we'll be using a matte foundation ^^~

Ahh I look so awkward here, sorryyyy ><



~Base~
Use a matte foundation, as porcelain dolls have matte, flawless skin. It can match your skin shade or be a little bit lighter. I am using L'Oreal Infallible 24H Matte in shade 10-Porcelain. Apply it in tiny dots all over your face, then blend. I use my fingers and gently pat the foundation to create a smooth, brush-free finish. You can use a sponge if you have one~


Next, apply concealer on blemishes and in a triangle shape under your eyes, to ensure your skin is completely flawless. I am using Essence's camouflage concealer. Blend with a sponge or your ring finger~



When done, set your base with a translucent powder. This will give a matte effect and is a nice finishing touch to the base ^^ I am using Lovely's White Chocolate rice powder.


~Blush~
Dolls have flushed cheeks that give them a youthful and cute appearance. Using a pink blush, apply it on your cheeks and blend so that you don't look like a clown. You want it to appear natural and blend into your skin. I am using I Heart Make-Up's Sweethearts blush, in Bursting With Love.

See how you can barely notice the blush? This is the effect you're going for ^^

~Nose~
I don't usually contour, but here we are :P Dolls have very narrow and small noses. To create the illusion of a smaller nose, use a brown eyeshadow (or contouring product) and draw a line on each side of your nose with a brush. This doesn't have to be perfect ^^ Then, blend with another brush. 




~Eyes~
The hardest part of dolly make-up is the eyes ^^  Begin by applying concealer or an eyeshadow base on your eyelids. This will act as a base for the eyeshadow, making it last longer and appear more vibrant.

For the eyeshadow, I will use my Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons palette. I will start by using a larger eyeshadow brush to cover my eyelid with the shade Divinity. Any cream eyeshadow with a subtle shimmer will do the job ~


Next, using the shade Cotton Candy, I will use a smaller brush to apply it from the inner eyelid. Make sure to blend it well to avoid harsh lines. The effect will be a soft touch of pink. Any light pink eyeshadow will do the job~

My lighting was really off here, sorry about that >o<

Apply a matte medium brown shade (I am using the shade Mocha) on your outer lid, covering about 1/3 of your eyelid. Blend it well, of course~

Again, lighting issues *^*
Now we have a soft and pretty eyeshadow look, which is the more or less same one seen on the doll that was my inspiration ^^ 

Now, you want to define and accentuate your eyes, without being too obvious. It must be subtle and cute. For this, a brown automatic pencil eyeliner is perfect. Carefully line your eyelid thinly, and follow the natural shape of your eye. Finish the line with a small downwards flick, making your eyes appear cuter.


Use a pearly highlighter shade (I am using the shade Satin Sheets) and apply a bit to the inner corner of your eyes. This makes your eyes appear bigger and brighter ~


Going back to the shade Mocha, use an angled brush and starting from the outer corner of your eye, line about 1/3 of your bottom eyelid. Blend well~


Now, line your waterline with a white pencil eyeliner. As dolls have such large eyes, it's important to use every trick possible for making your eyes appear bigger ^^


Nearly there ~ To frame your make-up and make your eyes appear even bigger, use mascara or false lashes. I decided to use the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. You can use mascara on top and bottom lashes, or falsies on top and mascara on bottom, etc. Whichever you prefer ^^

Hmm... maybe I could have used a bit more mascara on my bottom lashes ><


~Lips~
For the lips, just use a light pink lipstick and top it off with a clear lip gloss, creating a soft and sweet look. The lipstick I am using is the Kiko Creamy Lipstick in shade 02.



And we're done! This tutorial was a lot of fun to make and I hope you have just as much fun trying it~ If you do, please take some pictures and tag me in them on Instagram (@_milkyrose_), I'd love to see! 


image


And finally, my outfit ^^ It's Bodyline's L365. I used the included detachable bow as a head bow :P

The only thing I'm not too happy with is my hair... ><  I should get a natural-ish wig, right now I just have pastel ones ^^
Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>