Thursday 24 August 2017

♡I Heart Make-Up Chocolate and Peaches Palette REVIEW+SWATCHES ♡

*Disclaimer: This review is not paid. I am not sponsored or endorsed by I Heart Make-Up.
Hello! ♡
Chocolate is delicious. Peaches are yummy and uguu totemo kawaii desu yo neeeee uwu ~
What happens when you combine the two? You get the chocolate and peaches palette by I Heart Make-Up!


                                                                           image


See the packaging? I love the half-melted chocolate bar design- it's simple, but cute. I love me some chocolate- the only downside of the packaging is that it may cause chocolate cravings.
The colour also gets my seal of approval; soft, peachy and oh so summery.


image



image

When you open the palette, you get 16 eyeshadows (this is a dupe of the popular Too Faced Sweet Peach palette, but minus two colours) in shades of creams, peaches and browns. I have been searching for some peachy eyeshadows for a while, and this palette is just perfect- especially for soft eye make-up looks. There's also a mirror!




The downsides? The shade names are written on a plastic sheet, which is pretty annoying and I threw mine away by now. Also, the applicator! Save this applicator for other uses. Use a nice brush instead. 


Anyway, swatch time! Here is how the shades present themselves on the skin;

Left to right; Delicious, Fruit, Soft, Choc, Delight

Delicious is a matte cream shade, it's also perfect as a base for other colours. It has a very slight peachy tone.
Fruit is a gold shimmer shade, it's lighter on the skin than in the pan.
Soft is a shimmery bright pink shade, has a bit of a peachy tone ^^
Choc is a shimmery golden-brownish kinda shade, with greenish tones.
Delight is a slightly shimmery dark brown.


Left to right; Sweet, Candy, Rich, Peach, Taste, Nice

Sweet is a pearly shade, quite similar to Delicious. It's much less yellow on the skin than in the pan.
Candy is a shimmery rose goldish shade.
Rich is a shimmery medium brown.
Peach is my favourite- a matte, slightly shimmery intense peachy pink.
Taste is a shimmery dark brown with hints of red tones.
Nice is a dark blue shade, almost brown, with a bit of shimmer.

Left to right; Lush, Fine, Luscious, Keen, Satisfy 

Lush is a matte light pinkish-brown.
Fine is a matte light brown shade, like milk chocolate.
Luscious is a matte warm medium brown.
Keen is a matte medium brown, cooler than Luscious.
Satisfy is also a matte cream shade, like Delicious. It's darker and more yellow.

I love how pigmented they are- they come on with ease (each swatch was one swipe of my finger). Impressive, considering that the palette costs only £8! But, do they last? Let's see!



Here's a very very casual eye make-up look done using only shades from this palette- I have used Delicious as the base shade, with Lush on the inner eyelid, Peach in the middle and Fine on the outer eyelid. A simple, but vivid look.

Bam! My natural eye colour! If a kind soul would please tell me what the heck this colour is because I have no idea, I'd be grateful <3

And here is the same look after 8 hours, just before removing my eye make-up.



Conclusion? Not only are the eyeshadows pigmented and buttery, but they also actually stay on!
The palette's packaging is ADORABLE, the eyeshadow colours are in harmony with each other, the shades themselves are great, and the price- ideal. 
Overall, this palette gets a 9/10 from me- the applicator and plastic sheet bring it down from a 10, but it's still worth every penny.

Packaging: ★★★★☆
Product: ★★★★★
Price: ★★★★★
Overall: ★★★★★★★★★☆

Before I close off, I'd like to hear from you! Have you got any of the palettes from IHMU's chocolate range? Which one(s)? Which are your favourites? Let me know in the comments, and...
Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>