Saturday 30 December 2017

♡My 2018 New Year's Resolutions♡ ♡2017 Reflection♡ ♡ LONG Post ♡

Hello! ♡
Well, 2017's coming to an end, and... it's been quite a ride. There was inspiration, progress, learning and happiness... I got a friend back, put together my maiko outfit, started *properly* learning Japanese dance, built up my wardrobe, went to Italy, moved to another city (last week ^^), started this blog, worked on self development, and more... But it's also been a year of sadness, crying, frustration and anxiety. I experienced some rather unpleasant things and general sadness. This year has been a mix of good and bad things- while there some low points, it was also a year of great progress and significance. If not for 2017, I wouldn't have been where I am today (although I'm still not quite there yet...but close!). My mindset has changed for the better and I feel that I'm ready to do my best and make this coming year (and years!) better than before. This year, I will be happy. I will be a new, better person. And although everything won't magically change the second the clock strikes midnight on Monday, here is what I will strive for this year ~





 Japanese Progress: I will continue studying kanji and aim to reach at least no.500 in my kanji book (I'm at around 250 currently). I will continue studying grammar and vocabulary from the Genki I textbook- I should finish it and move on to the second part this year. I will also study more frequently and passionately than in 2017 and expand my learning methods- eg. watching videos, writing posts/diary entries, recording myself speak about certain topics, reading texts such as magazine articles, blog posts, captions, etc.

image
 Dance Progress: I will aim to practise Japanese dance frequently and regularly. I will continue to practise and improve by perfecting dances I already know. I will also learn at least 5 new dances in 2018. I will be patient and persevering, and will work hard. 

image
 Blog: I will post more regularly! I think that this blog is better than my old one in terms of content, but my engagement is quite low. I will work on raising it and creating better content with each post. I will publish the best posts I can, I will also be more active on my Instagram account. I must make sure this blog doesn't become a chore, though- I won't force myself too much when it comes to raising engagement. I will create interesting, passionate and helpful posts.

image
 Mindset: My mindset has changed for the better, and in 2017 I have learned plenty of valuable lessons. However, in 2018, there are still some things I'd like to change about myself...
~ Be more patient!
~ Stop judging people before you even meet them! Sometimes they turn out to be much nicer people than expected. You've learnt that from experience.
~ Stop overthinking!!! Worry when it happens or is an actual threat. Stop imagining every possible scenario and a solution for each one- don't waste time, energy and nerves.
~ Love yourself more. Sometimes, look back at how much you've achieved so far and what you've been through. Look at all your good points. You have potential and are no less than anyone.
~ Smile more. Be happy enough to want to get up in the morning. Eliminate the thought: "Ugh, another day to get through". 
~ Be more energetic! Show genuine happiness. Fight your sad and depressive feelings. 

image
Stuff to buy: This year, when I go shopping (at physical stores), here are the things I'll be looking to buy. I must buy them without any stress, casually. Just kinda... when I see it, buy it, but no pressure.

~ Around Summertime- some cute sandals! Perhaps wedge or platform ones, but as long as they're cute, it doesn't matter much. I can decorate them too ~

~ A hanhaba obi for dance. I have actually already ordered this and will complete the payment when the shop returns from their holiday break, on the 4th of January ^^ Remember when I mentioned I only have one obi and the taiko knot is my only option? Well, it'll be better if I don't use that obi so often- I'd rather keep it for my maiko outfit, furisode outfits and the few times I choose to wear a taiko knot. However, a taiko knot is quite a pain to tie so often, and hanhaba obi are quicker and easier to tie. I'll also be able to learn quite a few new knots ^^

~Cute room things: Basically, when I see a cute little decoration that'd be a nice touch in my room-buy it! Although my room is already quite cute as is, there's still space for more cute :P

~ Accessories: I have some cute accessories, but I think there's room for more. Things such as hair clips, especially rose ones, pins, etc. I'll also be searching for a cute compact mirror, and generally cute little gadgets. As for jewelry- unless there's a piece I really love and can't make myself, I'll leave it to my list of DIY projects I want to do.

~New school bag: I'll be starting Polish High School this year (a year late, as when I moved here, my Polish was pretty bad so I moved back a year to catch up) so a new, cute school bag would be fitting. I'm thinking of either a large, cute tote bag (I saw a really nice My Melody one, but I don't know if it'll still be around by the time it's time to buy it) or a large handbag, or perhaps a really cute backpack if I can't find a nice tote or handbag. 

~Bento Box: I used to have a lunchbox, but it either broke or got lost. I don't really eat properly so I don't have much energy, so getting a bento box would be a good solution. I plan to buy this very soon- for starters it can just be an ordinary, plain lunchbox in a pastel colour bought in a regular store, and I could eventually upgrade to a cute bento box when I find one. I can make it cuter by decorating it (fun ^^), and/or buying a cute pouch for it. I have lots of ideas for the food that will go in the box c:

image

 Con Panels: I held my first panel about geisha and kimono in September, and I'd like to do more this year! I've already applied for one con in my city- a panel about geisha, and I plan to submit another panel too- about lolita fashion. Later in the year, I'd like to host more panels, too. Panels improve my confidence, public speaking and presentation-giving skills, and I can share my passions and knowledge with others ^^

image
 A fresh start: Later in January, I will leave this city and school for good. When I take the train, it'll be very symbolic- leaving behind the old, and entering a fresh start. What better opportunity to start anew will I get? I will cut out all the toxic people and those who have hurt me in 2017. I will change myself for the better. I will be happy, and I will appreciate all the little things. I will focus on myself and my passions, development and future. I will start fresh!

image
 DIY Projects: I have a list of fun DIY projects I'd like to do this year. I'll make a post about each one, of course ^^

 Business: I was so so close to opening and running my own handmade jewelry shop this Summer. I had designed my products, filled a shopping cart with starter supplies, written a business plan, was halfway through research on taxes and formalities, when... social insurance happened. Here, we have a really stupid law that ALL business owners, as soon as they start, must pay social insurance. 

If it was a percentage of income, that'd be fine. But no. The amount is the same for everyone. Even if you don't earn enough to pay the insurance, at least at first.  Young companies pay less, but it's still quite a bit. This means that the only way to run a small or side business is illegally. I didn't want to go there as getting caught means paying large fines, so I held off, as I found out about an upcoming reform. 

The "business constitution" has 5 points that will make life easier for entrepreneurs. One of those points is that if your company has a monthly income no bigger than half of the minimum wage, you don't have to register it! This means less formalities and no social insurance. I will only pay income tax, which is fine. It is expected to come into effect on the 1st of March 2018- hopefully, it will all go to plan. If everything goes well, I expect to open my shop in the Spring. I can start preparing now c: I have already made a website where I'll post news, updates, ideas, previews, etc. You can visit it here ^^

In 2018, I want to finally achieve my dream of running my own shop. It will also be an excellent opportunity for self-development. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!


And that's it! Ugh, this post turned out to be so long... I'm sorry >< Hopefully my 2018 aspirations have inspired you! What are you aiming for in the coming year? Please share!
Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>