Sunday 3 December 2017

♡Kraków Trip #2: Cat Cafe Again, Sushi, Japanese Museum♡ *VERY Picture Heavy*



Hello! ♡
I visited Kraków with my friend, again ^^ It was a very fun, but tiring day ~ I played with cats again, ate really nice sushi, and saw a really pretty wedding kimono in the Manggha museum.


image

We had to wake up early, at 6am, as our train was at 8am. I slept over at my friend's house, it was quite nice doing our make-up together. After eating breakfast, we left at 7:15. We were at the train station at 7:30, bought our tickets, and took our seats in the train with a bit of time to spare ^^
We arrived in Kraków at 10 past 10. The cat cafe opens at 11, so we decided to spend a little bit of time in the shopping centre (it's joined to the station) before leaving, as damn, it's December. It's cold. There was a bit of snow, too. It's weird- in my city, it snowed a bit too, but it melted. Usually my city is the coldest >-< The cafe is a 15 minute walk from there, and we got there with the help of Google Maps. We even had a few minutes to spare. I felt like I was in heaven *-* There were a few cats I didn't recognise from my July visit, but they were soooo cute, with their little poofy faces. There was a pretty ginger one too, but it was pretty shy and I didn't get a picture *^* So floofy, though.

This one resided on the ottoman by our table ~ 

My really awkward picture with a sleepy cat

Catpuccino

Baby~

This one had the prettiest green eyes
Me drinking the aforementioned Catpuccino

Paws ;^;


Next, we figured out how to get to the Japanese museum from the Cat cafe. We got to the bus stop with the help of Google Maps, there wasn't much walking. We took a bus a few stops, then... I got the sides of the road mixed up, and ended up doing a circle in the cold >< All because of the confusing road layout. But, walking is healthy. And we got there, anyway. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to visit this museum! Considering my obsession with Japan, I knew most of the stuff already, but there were also new things I learnt and saw. Besides, having background knowledge helps in appreciating seeing the items in real life. 

 image





My first time seeing Hinaningyou in person! Goodness, it's so stunning ~ They are put up for Girls' Day, which takes place on 3rd March. The dolls represent the emperor and empress, attendants and musicians. Look at that junihitoe  (12-layered kimono) *-*  They are dressed in Heian period attire, when having super super long hair and tiny round eyebrows was ~fashion~


Setsubun ~ A holiday that marks the first day of Spring on February 3rd. It's a huge festival, geisha in Kyoto have special dances and hairstyles for this! Geiko dress up in costumes in the evening and perform skits at parties- this is called Obake. Here's a bit more information about the festival, as writing it all out here would make this post way too long. Perhaps in the future!



Tsukimi (moon viewing) dango! Haven't made dango since forever *^* These tsukimi dango are so huge, mine are always much smaller.


Lacquerware! Looks like a san san kudo set? 



Plastic food :P





I am in love with this shiromuku! Shiromuku are bridal kimono. They have furisode sleeves, they are also very long as they are worn trailing, and have a padded hem. I love the butterflies, ahhh ><

imageimageimage


 A very pretty komon! (Casual kimono, with repeating patterns)


Very pretty obi ~ My favourite is the blue one. Not sure if they're maru or fukuro *^*



Pretty obijime~


Sensu and uchiwa ~





Traditional games ^^



Hagoita! Very stunning in person, ahhhh ;o;



Reading a manga about cats :P

 Woodblock prints ^^


There was also the interior of a Japanese home ~ 

Pretty ikebana with roses


Chanyou set! I'd love a place like this, I only have equipment for a tray tea ceremony *^*




Natsume (Tea caddies)




Kotatsu :P They're special heated tables, underneath it's very very warm, it's easy to fall asleep at a kotatsu ^^


Another tokonoma, with another scroll and ikebana arrangement


 Futon! So poofy, so comfortable. Want.


Japanese garden ~






Pretty view from the museum shop ^^ Lots of things tempted me :P


There were also mini workshops! I wish I went to the kumihimo one, but there were people there *^* I did, however, get some stamps...

There was also a yukata try-on. Despite wearing yukata for dance practice frequently, I thought I'd try anyway ^^ It felt so weird getting dressed, I had this urge and reflex to dress myself as I'm so used to it >o< 

Here, I'm wearing the chouchou musubi I talked about in the second part of the Japanese dance post :D


The collar is a little lower than I do it :P

I also got to try out kendama , which is fun, but not as easy as it seems. I heard it builds patience and calm, which is something I need :P I also played hanafuda! With my knowledge of kimono motifs, I had it a little easier- though there were some differences. Sakura was for March and I'm used to it being for April, wisteria for April whereas I'm used to it being for May, maple in October instead of November, etc. I got 155 points haha :P It was a lot of fun! Maybe I should buy a set?


And, a picture in front of the museum. An OOTD pic at the same time, although it doesn't feature my bag and gloves :P




Then, we took the bus to the main station, and from there, walked to the Japanese restaurant. There wasn't too much walking ~ The sushi was good, but I prefer traditional sushi to the modified type >< Nigiri is my favourite type, followed by simple hosomaki ;D Here are some photos I took on the way, because SNOW

image





And, here's the sushi! And me triumphantly breaking the chopsticks ^^







Then, we returned to the shopping centre and stayed there until it was time to leave for our 6:41pm train.  CHRISTMAS, GUIZ



tiny Xmas tree by hyky




There was also a really cute stand with adorable, but expensive, stuffed animals! They are so so soft, ahhh ;o; 


image




And, Matcha Frappuccino. I really like these. Guess I should learn to make them ^^ When I'm in Warsaw on the 12th, I'll try to get one of Starbucks' seasonal hot chocolates ^^

image



And, that's it! I haven't had such a fun day out for a while ^^ I feel like that was much needed, a day to just unwind and enjoy myself ~ Next week, I plan to go craft supplies shopping, perhaps. I hope so. I also want to try making red velvet cake. I'll have it with a cup of homemade cappuccino, as a little treat for myself ^^ Maybe on Sunday?  If not next week, then the week after. But, there are some craft projects I'd really like to start :P And, of course, write posts about.
Have a lovely day!
~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>