Friday 8 September 2017

♡Base Make-Up Tutorial♡




Hello! ♡
I have a few make-up tutorial posts drafted, and all of them start the same- I do my base make-up the same way pretty much every time! Since it's pretty boring to type up the same thing each time, I thought I'd make one separate post for basic base make-up (hehe), which I'll link back to in every tutorial. If there's a tutorial for which I do my base differently, then I won't link back here, of course~
Anyway, let's go! ^^

image


Start with a clean and moisturised face. My moisturiser of choice is Nivea Soft- I've been using it for years and it's great! The texture is light, plus it's enriched with Vitamin E. And it smells nice- bonus :P

NOTE: If you wear circle lenses, insert them before you do anything! Especially before your moisturiser... they contain oils and as you know oil and water don't mix, so there will likely be reisude left on your hands which can transfer to your lenses ^^


image



Use a foundation/ BB cream of choice and apply it in little dots on your face. I do this by lightly squeezing the tube and dabbing it on my face.


image

Use your fingers to gently pat your face. This will blend the foundation and create a smooth, flawless finish.  Make sure your hands are clean! You can use a sponge if you prefer, but I wouldn't recommend using a brush. I made a gif of the blending technique;


via GIPHY


image

Apply concealer in a triangle shape under your eyes, then apply it on any blemishes you may have. Blend with your ring finger- it's the weakest finger, allowing for blending that's gentle on your skin ~


image


Set your base with translucent powder. This keeps your make-up on and gives it a matte look (but if you want a more dewy effect, we'll achieve that with highlighter).


image



Apply some blush, lightly- do not go in circle motions as that will make you look like a clown! Go back and forth diagonally. You want your end effect to be natural and subtle, so use a soft blush, and not a super bright one. Blend well, so that the blush appears to blend into your skin ~



image

To achieve a dewy finish, apply highlighter on your cheeks, nose, chin and forehead (if you don't have a fringe) 


image

To finish off, time to do some contouring ~ This is optional ^^ Using a light brown eyeshadow or contouring product, draw two lines along your nose, then blend with a brush so that it looks natural. This will make your nose look smaller ^^



Finished! Your base is done ~ 

image



Hopefully this tutorial helps you out! How do you do your base make-up? Do you prefer foundation or BB cream? Let me know in the comments, and...
Have a lovely day!

~Milky ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment

>